Today's residential security options are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to forget to do easy security duties like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to worry about these things again? With geofencing in New Haven, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In New Haven For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your property, which you may arrange in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to deduce when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to share information with one another. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by grouping all elements onto a single network. You are then able to draw a unique boundary on all sides of your house and assign what actions you want to take place as you go past the specified border.
For instance, shortly after you exit your property, you could program your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Below are some of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in New Haven. When you download the ADT Control app, you are able to reap the benefits of home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to operate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to signal that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components engage when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat activate the connected fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system notices abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that function in harmony together. Have your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks engage when the day is done. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in New Haven
Whether you seek added peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (203) 402-8863 or complete the form on this page to begin customizing your optimal security system.